Monday, October 15, 2012

Grande Prairie

It seems like I've been all over the place this past month!  I was just back in Canada again and got to spend a week with my family in Ontario, and then a week up in Grande Prairie!  Although it was amazing to see friends and family and spend more time in Canada, I have to say that spending 2 weeks half a world away from Zach was not so great!  Even though I live here and know full well that media totally misrepresents this part of the world (Israel) to North America, I still followed the news on Israel-Lebanon-Syria-Iran a lot more closely ... I guess I understand a bit more how our family, living so far away, can sometimes be concerned :)
But all that aside - what an amazing time we all had at Lindi's wedding!  I am so so happy that I was able to go - we even managed to have a reunion of the Pink Flamingos - seems like just yesterday we were all housemates in London! 

These are the details from Lindi and Russ's wedding - they are so crafty/artistic/talented!  It was a gorgeous rustic themed wedding - the weather was perfect too - sunny and warm, which is amazing considering that three days later it snowed!



 Coffee favours!  And look at those cute little owls :)




  And the pink flamingo traveled on to Grande Prairie... :)  


 Jen, Alyssa and I - it was such a gorgeous sunny day!

 Beautiful bride :)


Jen, Bronwen and I got to spend more time together on the way home!  Bronwen is such a little trooper - taking the long flights in stride.

Now it's back to work and training. Funny how even taking just two weeks off from running makes it hard to get back into it :)  We'll see what happens over Christmas holidays!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Lisa! Lindi looked so beautiful - and you looked smashing as well :)Too bad it was a quick visit, it would've been fun to see you. Want to Skype soon?
    Oh, and what are you training for? I'm all curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun trip! And, the travelling home was painless thanks to you!
    ttys on Skype or Gchat or something...
    (ya, what are you training for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Nice pics! I need to post some of those details on my blog soon too :) Thanks for coming, miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pic of Bronwen at the plane window! Also, Lindi, you look so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete