Thursday, November 8, 2012

Winter Fruit!

It's pomegranate and dragon fruit season again!


They are so nice and cheap here (compared to Canada anyway)

This is my fail at trying to get the seeds out.  Zach did a much better job.  The best way is to just take a wooden spoon and hit the outside of the pomegranate over a bowl and the seeds just fall out.  But when I tried, somehow it broke apart and flew all over the kitchen sending bright red juice everywhere...
Still tasty though :)  My next adventure will be to try making pomegranate martinis - the juice is sooo good (and very healthy).  I realize that a martini is not "very healthy", but with some pomegranate juice I think I could convince myself that it is.

My first dragon fruit!  It looks so much cooler than it tastes.  Sort of like a bland kiwi.  But maybe it wasn't fully ripe or something.  I'll have to try it again.  Easily wins for most awesome looking fruit.


3 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha pomegranate martinis :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... pomegranate martinis are probably healthy... right?!? I've tried those dragon fruits before here. Still bland tasting in Canada. Although I agree that they are easily the coolest looking fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. update - pomegranate martinis are super delicious and therefore also healthy

      Delete