Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Home

As we were driving home from a day spent in Galilee, it finally hit me - we were driving home.  This place that I have thought of as temporary, or as perhaps an extended vacation, now feels normal (well, relatively at least).  I am no longer counting down the days until our next Canada home visits and feel much  more content to just be.

 ♥  This is my favourite food ever, cooked by my favourite person ever :)  Happy Valentines everyone 



Getting a job (of sorts) has of course added to this I think.  It's funny how when I'm working I wish I could just sit around and do nothing all day...but then given that opportunity (for almost a year!) I realized that I didn't really want that after all :) Given my personality, it is extremely challenging for me to wait around and feel like my life is happening out of my control, and not knowing when or how it will start to change - or if that is just what it is supposed to be like.  It is a great learning experience, and definitely important in terms of learning how to live as part of a pair, and learning how to give up control - sometimes :)

Volunteering with the Israeli Hydrological Service is going to be pretty cool I think - I'm already learning new things and getting to exercise that lump of grey mush that has been getting fairly lazy in there ;)  After we got here I thought that the only volunteering I would be able to find would be teaching English or something like that.  So it is really great to be able to volunteer in my field and keep learning things that will help with the job hunt back in Canada (or wherever we end up next...).

In light of my new research - some pictures from two of the major water sources in Israel....

Banias Falls and Springs:
(fun fact - Banias comes from a mispronunciation of Paneas which was the original city name devoted to the Greek god Pan)


At Tel Dan Nature Reserve -this is the ancient city of Dan (where Abraham went to rescue Lot - bronze age, and where Jeroboam ruled - iron age) and a major source for the Jordan river.  This is a wading pool (but we didn't have our towels...)

Zach and a giant pistachio tree







Speaking of counting down the days.. only 16 more days until our Taylor family comes to visit!!!  Can't wait to see you guys!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures Lisa!!and that dinner looks delicious.. is it fettucine alfredo? (i guess the white cheddar which you used to make in that blue cooking pot thing was just a temporary subsitute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. spring is my favorite time of year in Israel because the mountainsides are covered with incredibly beautiful little flowers - I see you got a chance to see them - they don't last long! Absolutely beautiful pictures! there is a picture of me posing on the rocks at the top of that waterfall in my foolish youth, before the fear that comes with belonging to someone special crept into my life

    ReplyDelete