Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini Apple Pies

Yesterday I got a little bored and was very cold (currently Winnipeg is warmer than Tel Aviv).  This combo always = baking!  So I made some pie crust dough, but then realized that I didn't have a pie dish.... so I made mini pies! in a cupcake tray - they were so cute:




The recipe I used for the crust had vinegar and an egg in it which I though was weird, but it actually turned out pretty tasty and flakey ..and a little buttery because I got bored of cutting in the butter and left it in slightly larger chunks than usual.

Note - if you make these put something underneath the tray to catch the filling that bubbles out!  I tried to put the edgeless cookie tray under, but it did nothing and let's just say I'm glad we don't have a kitchen smoke detector, and that we can get a good cross-breeze through our apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment